For Top Layer:
- 200ml Ayam Brand coconut cream
- 2 large eggs +2 egg yolks
- 170 g sugar
- 100ml pandan juice
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour + 2 tbsp cornstarch
For Bottom Layer:
- 300g glutinous rice (soak for 30 minutes in water)
- 200ml Ayam Brand coconut milk (100ml coconut milk + 100 ml water)
- 2 pandan leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients for the bottom layer and steam on high heat for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the top layer by mixing the coconut milk, eggs, sugar, pandan juice and flour. Stir until smooth.
- Using double boil method, cook pandan mixture over simmering water until the mixture thickens slightly.
- After 20 minutes, take out the glutinuous rice mixture, stir and flatten it. Use a sieve to pour the pandan mixture on to the rice mixture.
- Steam on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool before cutting into diamond-shaped or rectangle-shaped pieces.