4 pers. | 55 minutes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 6 hours on LOW or AUTO
- 330ml AYAM™ coconut milk
- 7 eggs
- 225g of brown sugar
- 145g of flour
- Zests of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut and more
Preparation of the sponge cake:
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites of 4 eggs.
- In a bowl, mix vigorously using a food processor 4 egg yolks, 135g of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 sachet of vanilla sugar, the zest of one lemon and 100g of flour. Mix until you get a smooth paste.
- In another bowl, whip the 4 egg whites until stiff.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the whipped egg whites into the batter and mix until smooth.
- Transfer the dough into a round cake mold, previously buttered.
- Bake at 180 °C for 25 minutes.
Preparation of the coconut cream:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the coconut milk.
- Add the rest of the vanilla sugar, the zest of the 2nd lemon, 3 egg yolks, 90g of brown sugar and 45g of flour. Mix vigorously until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Add 2 tbsp. grated coconut.
- Once out of the oven and cooled, cut the sponge cake in half (thickly).
- Distribute the coconut cream on the 1st disc of sponge cake then cover with the 2nd part of the sponge cake.
- Cover the entire cake with coconut cream using a spatula.
- Cover with grated coconut.