4 pax | 35 minutes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 6 hours on LOW or AUTO
- 600g chicken fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 3 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons of AYAM™ Light soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 65ml of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 20g shiitake mushrooms or other mushrooms
- 280g of jasmine rice
- 500ml of chicken broth
- 375ml of water
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 15g coarsely chopped coriander leaves
- Dip and drain the shiitake mushrooms.
- Combine the ginger, light soya sauce, oyster sauce and lemon juice.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, cook the chicken pieces for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms and sauce mixture, stir until well coated. Put aside.
- Combine the rice, broth and water in a large saucepan brought to a boil. Then, reduce heat to low, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to very low, place the chicken and mushrooms on top of the rice. Cover the pot and cook without stirring for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken and rice are cooked.
- Divide among the plates. Sprinkle everything with the green onion and cilantro.