Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 6 hours on LOW or AUTO
- 800g of tapioca flour
- 6 Pandan leaves (optional)
- 270ml of AYAM ™ coconut milk (using the cream part of the can)
- 180g powdered sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- Cut the pandan leaves into pieces. Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
- Place the flour on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bury and spread the pandan leaves inside the flour.
- Bake the flour in the oven, on the middle rack, for 1 hour, stirring the flour every 20 minutes.The flour will become lighter and the pandan leaves will dry out. After an hour, remove the pandan leaves. Weigh the flour and when the weight is 80g less than the beginning, the flour is ready.
- Sift the flour and set aside for later use. Let it cool completely.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk, sugar and salt. Stir constantly the coconut milk until the sugar dissolves. When the coconut milk begins to simmer, remove it from the heat and let it cool completely.
- When the coconut milk has cooled, add the egg yolks and mix evenly.
- Add 540 g of the cooled flour. Save the rest for sprinkling. Using a spatula, mix, then knead to form a dough. Cover with cling film and let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly sprinkle the work surface, the rolling pin, the cookie cutter with the leftover cooked flour.
- Sprinkle the surface of the dough with cooked flour and roll it out to a thickness of about 0,5 cm.
- Using cookie cutters, cut the cookies and place them on the baking sheet 2 cm apart.
- Repeat until all the dough is done.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. When baking is finished, let the cookies cool.
- As soon as they are cool, store them in an airtight container or serve them immediately.